Driving awareness, change, and equity to tackle disparities in leadership advancement for women of color at all levels.
Studies found that nearly a third of women of color*—and almost half of Black women—think their race has played a role in missed opportunities and will make it harder for them to advance.
*Women of color include Black, Latina, Asian, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, or mixed-race women.1
The HBA Women of Color (WoC) affinity group seeks to drive awareness, change, and equity to tackle disparities in leadership advancement for women of color at all levels.
Our efforts are rooted in five pillars and we welcome ALL to join the HBA WoC affinity group.
- Awareness — highlighting systematic and multicultural challenges
- Development — offering personal and experiential leadership opportunities
- Coaching — mentoring, sponsorship, and professional growth
- Engagement — networking, recognizing achievements, and sharing experiences
- Outreach —addressing social and racial injustices and connecting to our communities and future pipeline
- Celebrating Juneteenth, Connect, Chat and Celebrate - 18 June 2021
- Solidarity Against Racial Injustice ReUnion Panel - 8 June 2021
- Quarterly Book Clubs, The Caste - 13 May 2021
- State of the Union - 26 March 2021
- Supper Club, Table Talk/Intimate Conversation Series with WoC Leaders - February/March 2021
- Fit2Lead & WoC Mashup with AHA: Heart Awareness Month and WoC - 25 February 2021
- Hot Cocoa and Conversations Networking Event - 19 February 2021
- Find Your Fit - January 2021
1. Women in the Workplace 2018, McKinsey & Company